Here’s what the 36-year-old Yankees shortstop had to share with the mag:
On the secret to his success: “My parents always told me, ‘There’s always going to be someone that’s better.’ But there’s no reason why someone should outwork you. That’s just an excuse.”
On his string of high-profile relationships (he’s currently dating actress Minka Kelly): “I understand the interest. I do I understand people want to know. I get that. And I think in terms of your career, your occupation, they can know anything they want. [But] some things should be kept private.”
On staying out of the tabloids: “Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I didn’t go out and have fun. But there’s been a lot of players that come to New York and get caught up in the lifestyle, and before you know it, they’re sent away to another team because it affected their performance. My number one priority was on the field. I’ve had fun. It’s not like I’ve never gone out; I’ve done a lot of things. But I’ve always kept sight of my number one priority.”
Love this post?
- Miss DC Earth, Ashley Wade, Has First Meet & Greet Event Since Crowning
- Zendaya Coleman Covers August 2016 Issue of Essence
- Lily James Livens Up The March 2016 Cover Of Glamour Magazine
- Taylor Swift Scores February 2016 Cover Of Cosmopolitan Australia
- Emily Ratajkowski Covers InStyle October 2015: I Love French Style!