At a New Year’s Eve dinner and party at the Shelborne hotel in South Beach, the Miami Heat star, 27, proposed to his longtime girlfriend Savannah Brinson. And he got their kids in on the action as well.
Right after popping the question, James picked up the couple’s sons LeBron Jr., 7, and Bryce, 4, and swung them around on the floor. “It was so sweet to watch,” a rep for Remy Martin V, who hosted the dinner, tells PEOPLE. “Everyone is extremely happy.”
The party, hosted by Heat teammate Dwyane Wade and his girlfriend Gabrielle Union, was also a belated birthday celebration for James, who turned 27 the day before.
Heat star Chris Bosh and Queen Latifah were also on the guest list of 60 friends and family members.
“When it happens, it happens,” Brinson, 25, told Harper’s Bazaar of marriage in 2010. “If we do it, I want it to be forever.”
Love this post?
- Miss DC Earth, Ashley Wade, Has First Meet & Greet Event Since Crowning
- Zendaya Coleman Covers August 2016 Issue of Essence
- Lily James Livens Up The March 2016 Cover Of Glamour Magazine
- Taylor Swift Scores February 2016 Cover Of Cosmopolitan Australia
- Emily Ratajkowski Covers InStyle October 2015: I Love French Style!