Here’s what the 21-year-old Aussie actress had to share with editor Nick Haramis:
On Hollywood glamor: “I’m so lucky to have the best hairdressers and fashion stylists in the world, but when I’m at premieres I can’t wait to get home and put on my baggy pants. The glamor of Hollywood is such a myth. I can’t help worrying that I’ll trip on my heels, or that my makeup is smudging all over my face.”
On ballet: “Dance is about perfection. It’s about the line of your ankle, the ideal weight, minute things that most people don’t notice but that dancers are trained to see and spend hours obsessing over in front of the mirror. Dancers are kept in a perpetual state of pre-puberty, and for young girls in particular, that type of pressure breeds insecurities. You can become so obsessed with the smallest details – it was a good thing for me to get out of.”
On the strength of her character, Jane Eyre:“Jane is such a modern character. If you put her in contemporary society, she’d be running Parliament. There’s something so remarkable about a woman who feels worthy of respect regardless of her social status.
For more from Mia, visit BlackBook.com!
Love this post?
- Miss DC Earth, Ashley Wade, Has First Meet & Greet Event Since Crowning
- Zendaya Coleman Covers August 2016 Issue of Essence
- Lily James Livens Up The March 2016 Cover Of Glamour Magazine
- Taylor Swift Scores February 2016 Cover Of Cosmopolitan Australia
- Emily Ratajkowski Covers InStyle October 2015: I Love French Style!