Here’s what the Larry Crowne co-stars and real-life BFFs had to share with the mag:
Julia on Tom directing her in the film: “God, no [I wasn’t nervous]. We knew each other socially. When I was in Rome, shooting Eat Pray Love, Tom sent me the script and said, ‘Tell me what you think.’ I couldn’t stop smiling when I read it: It’s topical, but very positive.”
Julia on whether she’d ever be a director: “No. I can direct breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I take pride in my kitchen, but I’m not going to direct a movie.”
Tom on writing the role for Julia: “Yes. I had some teachers who looked like Julia. I would see them and think, I love you. So there was never anyone but Julia. Still, even after she said yes, I was the boss. That meant I got to say, ‘You don’t wear this dress, you wear that dress.’ And Julia’s Julia – she can be intimidating [Laughs].”
FYI: Julia is wearing a Dolce&Gabbana silk dress on the cover. She also rocked a Versace gown and a Giorgio Armani corset and skirt for the shoot.
For more of Julia and Tom’s interview, check out WMagazine.com!
Love this post?
- Miss DC Earth, Ashley Wade, Has First Meet & Greet Event Since Crowning
- Zendaya Coleman Covers August 2016 Issue of Essence
- Lily James Livens Up The March 2016 Cover Of Glamour Magazine
- Taylor Swift Scores February 2016 Cover Of Cosmopolitan Australia
- Emily Ratajkowski Covers InStyle October 2015: I Love French Style!