We asked a handful of men what elicits lust, love and everything in between. What we received was an eclectic mixture of womanly charms—some we knew, some we didn’t—that cause even the most rugged of men to utter “I Love You.”
1. You’re soft and smell good. “I love how women smell. It’s this amazing combination of shampoo, perfume, and whatever girly soap, bodywash stuff you guys use in the shower. Women smell amazing. Almost all the time.” Nick, 29, marketing assistant
“Women are always so soft. I love their stomachs—not being overly toned is good—and resting my head on their breasts.” Andrew, 22, college student.
2. You’re maternal. “I love how women have these maternal instincts. They’re so much more warm and caring then your male friends. Oh, and if you cook for us we’ll love you forever.” Brian, 32, teacher.
3. Bikinis. “Why do men love women? One word: Bikinis! All women just look so good in them, no matter how out of shape or fat you complain about feeling.” Mark, 31, waiter.
4. You’re a good listener. “I’d much rather talk to a female friend when I have a super huge emotional problem to solve. I get the sense they listen more than any of my guy friends and offer so much better insight.” Alex, 24, accountant.
5. You’re good at expressing yourself. “Sometimes you think we don’t care because we don’t sit there like your girlfriends and chat with you about how happy we are to have met you—but that isn’t the case. We have a hard time expressing ourselves! You ladies take it for granted how easily words come to you. I’m jealous.” Omar, 35, photographer.
6. Spooning. “A woman’s body just fits so perfectly into yours at night. Spooning is so underrated.” Aaron, 37, school administrator.
7. You aren’t afraid to cry. “I have to admit—sometimes I’m envious at how women are allowed to show all their emotions whenever they want. Men want to cry, or blame a bad mood on PMS or act like a baby, but we swallow it up and act macho. It’s exhausting.” Will, 23, administrative assistant.
8. Hips. “A woman’s body has so much personality! God, just watching a woman walk down the street is so much more interesting than watching a man. It’s all in the hips. The bodies are just so much more beautiful.” Jason, 27, writer
9. High heels. “Nothing makes legs look better then a sexy pair of heels. We all love them—even if it does make you a few inches taller than us. Oh, but just remember to bring some flats in your bag for the end of the night. It’s annoying to hear you obsessively complain.” Frederic, 27, filmmaker.
10. You look so good in sweatpants. “We like it when you’re dressed to the nines for a night out as much as the next person, but there’s something super sexy when you’re dressed down with no makeup. Bonus point if you’re sweating and in your gym clothes.” Darryl, 40, bartender.
Love this post?